Quote of the Day
It is impossible to imagine literary life in Britain without Carcanet.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 191
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Out of Print
ISBN: 978 1 847770 30 1
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: January 2010
297 x 210 x 5 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
PN Review 191, featuring cover painting 'Keeper' by Mary Harman, 2009, includes:
• Poems by John Ashbery, Jeffrey Wainwright, Fiona Sampson, Jee Leongh Koh and others
• Kathryn Murphy's opinions on collected criticism of Geoffrey Hill
• Neal Ascherson meets the antithetical folk of modern Scotland
• Herbert Leibowitz on the poetry and medicine of William Carlos Williams
• A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews of Mahmoud Darwish, Basil Bunting, Ros Barber, David Morphet, amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt discusses Pierre Menard, author of the Quixote, and its relation to Cervantes' original Don Quixote
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
The Carcanet Blog PN Review 246: Editorial read more The Face Behind 'PoetryEast' read more International Women's Day read more Breaking the Silence read more LGBT History Month read more Lewis of Arabia: Jenny Lewis reads at the 50th Jubilee Year of the Cairo International Book Fair and Festival read more
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2019 Carcanet Press Ltd