Quote of the Day
an admirable concern to keep lines open to writing in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and America.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 189
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Out of Print
ISBN: 978 1 847770 28 8
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: September 2009
297 x 210 x 5 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
PN Review 189, featuring cover painting 'Babujan/ Afrika' by Breyten Breytenbach, includes:
• Poems by Sinéad Morrissey, Simon Armitage, David Rain, Neil Powell and others
• Norm Sibum on Montreal, Romans and Barbarians
• André Naffis interviews Breyten Breytenbach
• Nigel Fabb on the difference between verse and poetry
• A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews ofW. S. Merwin, Frederick Seidal, Stephen Romer, amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt discusses Paul Chowder, American Narrator
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2020 Carcanet Press Ltd