Quote of the Day
Devotedly, unostentatiously, Carcanet has evolved into a poetry publisher whose independence of mind and largeness of heart have made everyone who cares about literature feel increasingly admiring and grateful.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 183
Edited by Michael Schmidt
ISBN: 978 1 847770 22 6
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: September 2008
297 x 210 x 5 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
PN Review 183, featuring the cover photograph of 'Tea Time' by Mary Harman, includes:
• Poems by Andrew McNeillie, Jennie Feldman, Peter Riley, Rory Waterman and others
• Peter McCarey on poetry and practice of translation
• David Wheatley reads the rambling Peter Riley
• David Gervais discusses the late flowering of Geoffrey Hill
• A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews ofLouis MacNeice, Bernard O'Donoghue, Brian Turner, amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt looks back to Octavio Paz'sgreat essays on Alexander Solzhenitsyn and how the language of culturaldiscourse has now changed in this country
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2018 Carcanet Press Ltd