Quote of the Day
I'm filled with admiration for what you've achieved, and particularly for the hard work and the 'cottage industry' aspect of it.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 239
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
This title is available for academic inspection (paperback only).
ISBN: 978 1 784101 50 3
Series: PN Review
Categories: 20th Century, 21st Century, African, American, Anglican, Anthologies, Black and Asian, British, Caribbean, Catholic, Gay and Lesbian, Irish, Jewish, Language, Latin American, Memoirs, New Zealand, Russian, Scottish, Translation, Welsh, Women
Imprint: PN Review
Published: December 2017
297 x 210 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Digital access available through Exact Editions
The January-February 2018 issue
• A special issue featuring ‘John Ashbery: A Tribute’, with contributions from Mark Ford, Marina Warner, Philip Terry, Ágnes Lehóczky and others...
• Julian Stannard reviews Kate Tempest’s Let Them Eat Chaos
• Rebecca Watts, ‘The Cult of the Noble Amateur’ - article on the changing landscape of contemporary poetry
• Marina Tsvetaeva, ‘My desire has the features of a woman’ - two letters translated from the Russian by Christopher Whyte
• Vahni Capildeo, ‘Letter from Canberra’
• Includes poetry by Richard Price, Miles Champion, Maya C. Popa and Mária Ferenčuhová
• New poetry by William Gilson, Rachel Spence, Charlotte Eichler and Yvonne Reddick
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2018 Carcanet Press Ltd