Quote of the Day
It is impossible to imagine literary life in Britain without Carcanet.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 235
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Currently Out of Stock
ISBN: 978 1 784101 46 6
Series: PN Review
Categories: 19th Century, 20th Century, 21st Century, American, Anglican, Anthologies, Australian, BAME, British, Canadian, Caribbean, Catholic, French, German, Humour, Indian, Irish, Italian, Jewish, LGBTQ+, Memoirs, New Zealand, Portuguese, Scottish, Translation, Welsh, Women
Imprint: PN Review
Published: May 2017
297 x 210 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Digital access available through Exact Editions
• David Herd on refugees and poetry
• Vahni Capildeo on a Red Book
• Kei Miller remembers Derek Walcott
• Sujata Bhatt translates Heinrich Böll’s poems
• New poem by Tom Raworth, a portrait and a celebration by Miles Champion
• Edwin Morgan performing translation
• Stephen Burt sends word from New Zealand
• Poems from the Ethiopian
• Includes new poetry by Beverley Bie Brahic, Emily Grosholz and Anne Stevenson
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2020 Carcanet Press Ltd