Quote of the Day
Devotedly, unostentatiously, Carcanet has evolved into a poetry publisher whose independence of mind and largeness of heart have made everyone who cares about literature feel increasingly admiring and grateful.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 240
Edited by Michael Schmidt
Series: PN Review
Categories: 20th Century, 21st Century, American, Ancient Greek and Roman, Anthologies, Arabic, Art, Australian, BAME, British, Caribbean, Chinese, Christianity, Christianity, French, German, Humour, Irish, Italian, Jewish, Language, Latin American, LGBTQ+, Memoirs, Polish, Scottish, Spanish and Catalan, Translation, Welsh, Women
Imprint: PN Review
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Journal (96 pages)
(Pub. Mar 2018)
Out of Stock
The March-April 2018 issue
• PN REVIEW PRIZE: featuring the winning and commended poems
• Peter Scupham at 85: celebrating a great poet, humourist and long-time contributor
• Poet, translator and MPT editor Sasha Dugdale in conversation
• Vahni Capildeo on sexual violence
• More on the controversy surrounding Rebecca Watts’s essay in PN Review 239 regarding the Twitter poets
• New poems in English and translation by Marilyn Hacker, Samira Negrouche, Angela Leighton, Ned Denny and others
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2021 Carcanet Press Ltd