Quote of the Day
Carcanet has always been the place to look for considerations of purely literary and intellectual merit. Its list relies on the vision and the faith and the energy of people who care about books, and values. It is thus as rare as it is invaluable.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 236
Edited by Michael Schmidt
Series: PN Review
Categories: 18th Century, 20th Century, 21st Century, American, Anthologies, Arabic, Australian, BAME, British, Caribbean, Christianity, Christianity, French, Irish, Jewish, Latin American, LGBTQ+, Memoirs, Scottish, Translation, Welsh, Women
Imprint: PN Review
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Journal (88 pages)
(Pub. Jul 2017)
Out of Stock
• Discovered: an unpublished letter from George Washington!
• Eleven Celebrations of Tom Raworth
• Vahni Capildeo goes to Hell – and back
• Apples in Asturias: James Womack brings us Alejandro Fernandez-Osorio’s ‘Pomace’, a rich and cidery prose poem
• Jane Draycott translates Henri Michaux
• Andrew Latimer engages the retiring Alex Wong in conversation
• New poems by Gillian Allnutt, John Clegg, Claudine Toutoungi and others
• Edwin Morgan on machines as translators
• Includes translations from the Arabic, French and Asturian
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2021 Carcanet Press Ltd