Quote of the Day
an admirable concern to keep lines open to writing in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and America.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 236
Edited by Michael Schmidt
Series: PN Review
Categories: 18th Century, 20th Century, 21st Century, American, Anthologies, Arabic, Australian, BAME, British, Caribbean, Christianity, Christianity, French, Irish, Jewish, Latin American, LGBTQ+, Memoirs, Scottish, Translation, Welsh, Women
Imprint: PN Review
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Journal (88 pages)
(Pub. Jul 2017)
Out of Stock
• Discovered: an unpublished letter from George Washington!
• Eleven Celebrations of Tom Raworth
• Vahni Capildeo goes to Hell – and back
• Apples in Asturias: James Womack brings us Alejandro Fernandez-Osorio’s ‘Pomace’, a rich and cidery prose poem
• Jane Draycott translates Henri Michaux
• Andrew Latimer engages the retiring Alex Wong in conversation
• New poems by Gillian Allnutt, John Clegg, Claudine Toutoungi and others
• Edwin Morgan on machines as translators
• Includes translations from the Arabic, French and Asturian
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...this is the joy of New Poetries VIII: time and again you discover refreshing and compelling new styles and subjects'
Jake Morris-Campbell, The Poetry School
'...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2021 Carcanet Press Ltd