Quote of the Day
It is impossible to imagine literary life in Britain without Carcanet.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 234
Edited by Michael Schmidt
Series: PN Review
Categories: 20th Century, 21st Century, American, Anthologies, BAME, British, Caribbean, Christianity, Christianity, French, Greek, Indian, Irish, Italian, Jewish, Memoirs, Scottish, Translation, Welsh, Women
Imprint: PN Review
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Journal (74 pages)
(Pub. Mar 2017)
Out of Stock
• Translations: Poems from Hebrew, Italian, French and Bosnian, Greek in translation, Edwin Morgan’s Tranlator’s Notebook.
• The crisis in poetry publishing: Only readers can repair the damage.
• The Golden Ratio: Poetry & Mathematics.
• Just Saying No: Beckett’s Epistolary Dissidence.
• New poetry, reviews and features.
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2021 Carcanet Press Ltd