Quote of the Day
an admirable concern to keep lines open to writing in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and America.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Rockdrill 7: Seedings
ISBN: 978 1 905001 06 4
Imprint: Audio Books
Published: November 2004
216 x 135 x 8 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Rockdrill is a series of unusual new audio CDs commissioned by the Contemporary Poetics Research Centre at Birkbeck College, London, & produced by Colin Still and Birdie Hall of Optic Nerve.
The series includes the work by British and American poets, and combines new and archival recordings. Each CD is remarkable for the scope and range of material included, and for the quality of production. This unique new sound library is scheduled to grow in directions suggested by the initial list.
Rothenberg: 'Writing poetry for me has always included an involvement with the life of poetry - & through that life an intensification, when it happened, of my involvement with the other life around me.'
Table of Contents
1. In the dark word, khurbn
2. Dos Oysleydikn [The Emptying]
3. In the dark word, khurbn, with music by Charlie Morrow
4. Dos Oysleydikn [The Emptying], with music by Charlie Morrow
5. Dos Geshray [The Scream], with music by Charlie Morrow
6. Peroration for a Lost Town, with music by Charlie Morrow
7. A Paradise of Poets
8. Lorca Variation XXXIII: Second New York Poem
10. Postlude to Seedings
11. At Tsukiji Market, Tokyo
12. New Improvisations
13. Three Paris Elegies
14. First Night Poem, for Jackson MacLow
15. Autobiography 1997
17. Baba Yar
18. The Case for Memory
19. The Burning House
20. Where God is Light
21. A Real Man
22. The Last Friend
23. I Am Mad by Turns
24. A Cruel Nirvana
25. I Prefer a Poem with Spaces
26. I Can't Say Who I Am
27. I Come into the New World
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2017 Carcanet Press Ltd