Quote of the Day
Carcanet Press is simply one of the best literary publishers in the world.
Subscribe to our mailing list
in four volumes
Edited by Max Saunders, Joseph Wiesenfarth, Sara Haslam, Paul Skinner
ISBN: 978 1 847771 96 4
Series: Parade's End
Categories: 20th Century, War writings
Imprint: Carcanet Fiction
Published: July 2011
215 x 135 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
For the first time, the four novels that make up Ford Madox Ford’s First World War masterpiece Parade’s End are published in fully annotated editions, with authoritative corrected texts. Each novel is edited by a leading Ford expert. Purchase all four volumes together and save over £25 on the cover price.
This definitive four-volume edition of the 'Tietjens saga' includes:
- the first reliable text, based on the manuscript and first editions
- major critical introductions by the volume editors, all experts on For
- accounts of the novel’s composition and reception
- a reconstruction of Ford’s original ending, published complete for the first time
- annotations explaining historical references, military terms, literary and topical allusions
- a full textual apparatus including transcriptions of significant deletions and revisions
- a bibliography of further reading.
Parade's End Volume I: Some Do Not . . . edited by Max Saunders
Parade's End Volume II: No More Parades edited by Joseph Wiesenfarth
Parade's End Volume III: A Man Could Stand Up - edited by Sara Haslam
Parade's End Volume IV: Last Post edited by Paul Skinner
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2015 Carcanet Press Ltd