Quote of the Day
Your list has always been interesting, idiosyncratic, imaginative and your translations [...] have been a source of pleasure to me.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 182
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Out of Print
ISBN: 978 1 857549 59 1
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: July 2008
297 x 210 x 5 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
PN Review 182, featuring the cover photograph of 'Dollhouse, Sinclair, Manitoba' by Heather Benning, includes:
• Poems by R. F. Langley, Jacques Roubaud, Mark Dow, John Fuller and others
• Derek Attridge asks if we can do justice to literature
• Clive Wilmer on Thom Gunn and Shakespeare
• Andrew McNeillie in Conversation with John Fuller
• A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews ofOdysseus Elytis, Michael Hofmann, Mark Jarman amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt celebrates the achievements of C. B. Cox and their formation of PN Review in 1973
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
The Carcanet Blog 'In the Mind's Own Sun': Editing Charles Tomlinson read more Sasha Dugdale on WS Graham read more PN Review 244: 'Perhaps only bad Poets become poets' read more Notes from the Dream House: 'The Shining' Review read more Judith Willson: Colour Standards read more Moser - PN Review read more
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2018 Carcanet Press Ltd