Quote of the Day
Your list has always been interesting, idiosyncratic, imaginative and your translations [...] have been a source of pleasure to me.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 181
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Out of Print
ISBN: 978 1 857549 58 4
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: May 2008
297 x 210 x 4 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
PN Review 181, featuring the cover painting 'Porth yr Aber, Anglesey, 2006' by Mary Griffiths, includes:
• Poems by Gabriel Levin, Michael McKimm, Neil Powell, Elise Partridge and others
• Bill Manhire discusses a creative writing workshop
• Iain Bamforth: On the Senses Considered as Perceptual Systems
• M. C. Caseley discusses Auden on TV
• A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews ofworks by Charles Simic, Robert Hass, Leonard Cohen and Simon Armitage'sHomer amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt comments on the Poetry Society’scomplaint about The Queen's English Society's definition of 'Poem', andexplores the complexity of word definitions
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2019 Carcanet Press Ltd