Quote of the Day
If it were not for Carcanet, my library would be unbearably impoverished.
Louis de Bernieres
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 180
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Out of Print
ISBN: 978 1 857549 57 7
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: March 2008
297 x 210 x 5 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
PN Review 180, featuring the cover photograph of 'Southwold, Suffolk' by Eleanor Crawforth, includes:
• Poems by Harry Mathews, Fred D'Aguiar, Les Murray, Virgil translated by Len Krisak and others
• Daniel Wiessbort discusses A New Waste Land by Michael Horowitz
• Robin Maconie looks at The Way of Music; how to listen and why we listen
• Laura (Riding) Jackson examines the use of metaphor in poetry
•A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews ofworks by Thomas Kinsella, Tony Harrison's Film Poetry, Peter Hughes,amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt discusses the Archbishop Canterbury's recent comments on sharia law.
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2018 Carcanet Press Ltd