Quote of the Day
Carcanet has always been the place to look for considerations of purely literary and intellectual merit. Its list relies on the vision and the faith and the energy of people who care about books, and values. It is thus as rare as it is invaluable.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 190
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Out of Print
ISBN: 978 1 847770 29 5
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: November 2009
297 x 210 x 5 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Spend GBP 15 or more and receive a free Carcanet tote bag. Available internationally while stocks last.
Find out more.
PN Review 190, featuring cover painting 'Bird Market' by Mary Harman, 2009, includes:
• Poems by Gabriel Levin, Linda Gregerson, Edward Hirsch, Laurence Goldstein and others
• Mark Dow grooves along with Emily Dickinson
• John Burnside in conversation with Linda Gregerson
• Alex Wylie celebrates fifty years of Geoffrey Hill
• A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews ofIan Hamilton Finlay's letters, Salvatore Quasimodo and Aldo Vianello,Michael Donaghy, amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt discusses the work of Hugh MacDiarmid
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2020 Carcanet Press Ltd