Quote of the Day
Carcanet Press is our most courageous publisher. When you look at what they have brought out since their beginnings, it makes so many other houses seem timid or merely predictable.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 188
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Out of Print
ISBN: 978 1 847770 27 1
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: July 2009
297 x 210 x 5 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
PN Review 188, featuring cover painting 'Pencil and watercolour on paper, Afghanistan, 2006' by Mary Griffiths, includes:
• Poems by R. F. Langley, Peter McDonald, Rob Griffiths, John Gallas, and others
• Sheri Benning remembers winter in St Petersburg
• Ruth Hawthorn in conversation with Stephen Burt
• Oliver Dennis on Clive James's verse
• A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews ofAdam Kirsch, Jack Spicer, Dan Burt, Pauline Stainer, amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt discusses the popularity of writing for public recognition
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
The Carcanet Blog PN Review 244: 'Perhaps only bad Poets become poets' read more Notes from the Dream House: 'The Shining' Review read more Judith Willson: Colour Standards read more Moser - PN Review read more Jane Draycott and Jenny Lewis: Recalibrating the Classics read more W.S Graham: Lives & Letters read more
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2018 Carcanet Press Ltd