Quote of the Day
Carcanet has always been the place to look for considerations of purely literary and intellectual merit. Its list relies on the vision and the faith and the energy of people who care about books, and values. It is thus as rare as it is invaluable.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 188
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Out of Print
ISBN: 978 1 847770 27 1
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: July 2009
297 x 210 x 5 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Spend GBP 15 or more and receive a free Carcanet tote bag. Available internationally while stocks last.
Find out more.
PN Review 188, featuring cover painting 'Pencil and watercolour on paper, Afghanistan, 2006' by Mary Griffiths, includes:
• Poems by R. F. Langley, Peter McDonald, Rob Griffiths, John Gallas, and others
• Sheri Benning remembers winter in St Petersburg
• Ruth Hawthorn in conversation with Stephen Burt
• Oliver Dennis on Clive James's verse
• A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews ofAdam Kirsch, Jack Spicer, Dan Burt, Pauline Stainer, amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt discusses the popularity of writing for public recognition
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2020 Carcanet Press Ltd