Quote of the Day
an admirable concern to keep lines open to writing in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and America.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 186
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
Out of Print
ISBN: 978 1 847770 25 7
Series: PN Review
Imprint: PN Review
Published: March 2009
297 x 210 x 4 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
PN Review 186, featuring cover painting 'Övermälning, 2001, tempera' by Margareta Persson, includes:
• Poems by James Womack, Sinéad Morrissey, Roger Waterfield, Anthony Rudolf and others
• David Gervais on different kinds of tragedy
• Mark Ryan Smith discusses the literature of Shetland
• Meic Stephens says a farewell to English
• A broad analysis of the current poetry scene, including reviews ofIsaac Rosenberg, Mimi Khalvati and Adam Watt on Mallarmé's sonnets,amongst others
• In his editorial, Michael Schmidt examines the use of poetry for the inauguration of President Obama
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
The Carcanet Blog Gabriel Levin: By Way of a Preface read more Shore 2 Shore Poetry Tour read more Beverley Bie Brahic: Future Perfect read more Chris Wallace-Crabbe: Swimming in the Changing Current of History read more Alison Brackenbury: From the Book Towers read more James Harpur: The Wind Blows Where it Wishes read more
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2018 Carcanet Press Ltd