Quote of the Day
If it were not for Carcanet, my library would be unbearably impoverished.
Louis de Bernieres
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 238
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
This title is available for academic inspection (paperback only).
ISBN: 978 1 784101 49 7
Series: PN Review
Categories: 20th Century, 21st Century, African, American, Anglican, Anthologies, Black and Asian, British, Caribbean, Catholic, Gay and Lesbian, German, Irish, Jewish, Language, Latin American, Memoirs, Polish, Translation, Women
Imprint: PN Review
Published: November 2017
297 x 210 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Digital access available through Exact Editions
• Editorial commemorating John Ashbery (passed away September 2017)
• Previously unpublished poetry by Les Murray
• An elegy poem for Fadwa Suleiman by Marilyn Hacker
• A lecture by Gabriel Josipovici: a major account of risk-taking in translation
• Vahni Capildeo discusses two translators and British/Polish translation
• ‘Europe’ by James Womack, an imitation poem after the German of Marie Luise Kaschnitz
• New poetry by Maureen N. McLane, Dario Jaramillo, Caroline Clark and Lydia Allison
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2018 Carcanet Press Ltd