Quote of the Day
an admirable concern to keep lines open to writing in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and America.
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 237
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
This title is available for academic inspection (paperback only).
ISBN: 978 1 784101 48 0
Series: PN Review
Categories: 20th Century, 21st Century, American, Anglican, Anthologies, Black and Asian, British, Caribbean, Catholic, Gay and Lesbian, Greek, Jewish, Latin American, New Zealand, Scottish, Translation, Welsh, Women
Imprint: PN Review
Published: September 2017
297 x 210 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Digital access available through Exact Editions
Featuring the poem 'And death demands a labor' by Sumita Chakraborty, shortlisted for The 2018 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem
• Major new sequence of poems by Simon Armitage
• New light on Ernest Hemingway in Cuba
• Cultural news from South Korea
• PN Review debuts by Asian, American and British poets
• New to PN Review this issue: Sumita Chakraborty, Theophilus Kwek and Mary Jean Chan
• Subject matter includes chickens, the art of translation from Modern Greek, and Umberto Saba the great Trieste poet.
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
'...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2018 Carcanet Press Ltd