Quote of the Day
If it were not for Carcanet, my library would be unbearably impoverished.
Louis de Bernieres
Subscribe to our mailing list
PN Review 236
Edited by Michael Schmidt
RRP: GBP 6.99
You Save: GBP 0.70
Price: GBP 6.29
This title is available for academic inspection (paperback only).
ISBN: 978 1 784101 47 3
Series: PN Review
Categories: 18th Century, 20th Century, 21st Century, American, Anglican, Anthologies, Arabic, Australian, Black and Asian, British, Caribbean, Catholic, French, Gay and Lesbian, Irish, Jewish, Latin American, Memoirs, Scottish, Translation, Welsh, Women
Imprint: PN Review
Published: July 2017
297 x 210 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Digital access available through Exact Editions
• Discovered: an unpublished letter from George Washington!
• Eleven Celebrations of Tom Raworth
• Vahni Capildeo goes to Hell – and back
• Apples in Asturias: James Womack brings us Alejandro Fernandez-Osorio’s ‘Pomace’, a rich and cidery prose poem
• Jane Draycott translates Henri Michaux
• Andrew Latimer engages the retiring Alex Wong in conversation
• New poems by Gillian Allnutt, John Clegg, Claudine Toutoungi and others
• Edwin Morgan on machines as translators
• Includes translations from the Arabic, French and Asturian
Awards won by Michael Schmidt Winner, 2016 Forward Prize for Best Single Poem - Sasha Dugdale's 'Joy', published in PN Review 227 (PN Review 227 )
Praise for Michael Schmidt '...probably the most informative and entertaining poetry journal in the English-speaking world.'
John Ashbery 'The most engaged, challenging and serious-minded of all the UK's poetry magazines.'
Simon Armitage 'It has attempted to take poetry out of the backwaters of intellectual life and to find in it again the crucial index of cultural health.'
Cairns Craig, Times Literary Supplement
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2019 Carcanet Press Ltd