Quote of the Day
Your list has always been interesting, idiosyncratic, imaginative and your translations [...] have been a source of pleasure to me.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sinead Morrissey reads from T S Eliot Prize-winning Parallax at the Royal Fesitval Hall Listen
Welcome to the Carcanet audio library:
Regularly updated, this rich online resource includes Carcanet podcasts, recordings of poems and interviews from some of our most celebrated poets such as John Ashbery
, William Carlos Williams
, Edna St. Vincent Millay
, C.K. Stead
, Elaine Feinstein
, Fred D'Aguiar
and Gillian Clarke
, as well as emerging voices such as Matthew Welton
and Katharine Kilalea
. Readers can also access transcripts of some of our interviews and podcasts, available free on the Carcanet Issuu webpage
and on www.carcanet.co.uk.
Browse our featured audio clips
above to listen to this month's special recommendations
- Choose from the author menu above to find podcasts, interviews or poems by a specific author
- Audio clips can also be found on individual author and title pages
- Use the keyword search below to find audio material by poem title, subject or author
- Fred D'Aguiar on his UK tour, the issue of poetry and trauma, and the inspirations behind his new collection, Continental Shelf (the Poetry Book Society Choice for summer 2009
- Carcanet celebrates the Sonnet! Stella Halkyard, curator of A Small Eternity: The shape of the sonnet through time at the John Rylands Library, gives Carcanet a personal tour of the exhibition, from Petrarch to Elizabeth Jennings
- Elaine Feinstein on her remarkable career as a poet, novelist and biographer, and on translating the Russian poet Marina Tsvetaeva for Carcanet's new edition of her poems, Bride of Ice (a Poetry Book Society Recommended Translation)
Carcanet is keen to develop its audio resource in response to its users. Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Carcanet Blog
Louise Gluck's 'Faithful and Virtuous Night' on the TS Eliot Prize shortlist!
A Portrait for America: An Anti-Monumental Monument by David C. Ward
'A pencil, coffee beans, no alcohol and much muttering'. Vahni Capildeo on judging the Forward Prize 2014
A Letter from Wellington: An Unaccommodated Elsewhere by John Dennison
Carcanet celebrates National Poetry Day!
Eavan Boland 70th Birthday Celebration