Quote of the Day
Devotedly, unostentatiously, Carcanet has evolved into a poetry publisher whose independence of mind and largeness of heart have made everyone who cares about literature feel increasingly admiring and grateful.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Rockdrill 6: Sightings
ISBN: 978 1 905001 05 7
Imprint: Audio Books
Published: November 2004
216 x 135 x 8 mm
Publisher: Carcanet Press
Rockdrill is a series of unusual new audio CDs commissioned by the Contemporary Poetics Research Centre at Birkbeck College, London, & produced by Colin Still and Birdie Hall of Optic Nerve.
The series includes the work by British and American poets, and combines new and archival recordings. Each CD is remarkable for the scope and range of material included, and for the quality of production. This unique new sound library is scheduled to grow in directions suggested by the initial list.
Rothenberg: 'I think of myself as making poems that other poets haven't provided for me & for the existence of which I feel a deep need... I believe that everything is possible in poetry, & that our earlier "western" attempts at definition represent a failure of perception we no longer have to endure.'
Table of Contents
1. Twentieth Century Unlimited
2. 'A Little Boy Lost'
3. A Bodhisattva Undoes Hell
4. Sightings - 1,
5. The Pirate
6. The Water of the Flowery Mill
7. Child of an Idumean Night
8. from Poland / 1931, 'The Wedding' - Yiddish translation by Amos Schauss
9. Poland / 1931, 'The Wedding'
10. Poland / 1931, 'The Wedding', with music by Bertram Turetzky
11. Portrait of a Jew Old Country Style
12. Cokboy: Part One
13. Cokboy: Part Two
14. The Animals are coming - translation from Senecan Indian with Richard Johnny John
15. introduction to 'A Seneca Journal'
16. from A Seneca Journal 1: A Poem of Beavers
17. Old Man Beaver's Blessing Song
18. from The Dreamers
19. The 13th Horse Song of Frank Mitchell
20. from The First Horse Song of Frank Mitchell: 4 voice version
21. The Chicago Poem
22. The Chicago Poem, with music by George Lewis
23. That Dada Strain
24. That Dada Strain, with music by Bertram Turetzky
25. Karawane [Hugo Ball], with music by Bertram Turetzky
26. A Glass Tube Ecstasy For Hugo Ball, with music by Bertram Turetzky
27. The Holy Words of Tristan Tzara
The Carcanet Blog Promoting poetry through public engagement read more The Acquaintance of a True Dustie-Fute read more Whitman Alabama read more Poetry Readings read more On Receiving the First Copy of my New & Selected Poems: a Writers Neurosis Explored read more Jorie Graham Interview for Prac Crit read more
We thank the Arts Council England for their support and assistance in this interactive Project.
This website ©2000-2017 Carcanet Press Ltd